Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Year Anniversary...




"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it."

Today is my one year anniversary since my first knee surgery. After 4 surgeries. 2 Staph infections, kidney failure, blood clots in my lungs, portable IV for six months, wound vac for 5 months, and many tears, I am finally on my way to healing. I am able to walk good, using the treadmill often, I can shower and dress myself too! I was in a Wheel chair for months as well. I am so happy to be enjoying my life again. Yes, I still have limitations but I am healing, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I thank all of those who were there to help me during this whole process, I really could not have done it without you. I appreciate the fact I can now look back and laugh at times that I could only cry.

I can now say, that there was a time in December that I honestly was not certain I was going to survive. I was very sick and very tired. If it were not for my friends, family, and loved ones, I am not sure what my outcome could have been.

I am not into blaming anyone for what happened and the results from after surgery. I am focused on healing and moving on. I survived more than I ever thought I could. I learned a lot about myself and my inner strength.

I am so happy now, although I am not fully healed, I am on my way to normal again. I am thankful for that and am looking forward to my continued healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment